Community Blood Center of the Ozarks
56-Day Challenge 2023
Official Rules and Regulations
- Purpose: Community Blood Center of the Ozarks, Inc. (“CBCO”) is sponsoring and operating the 56-Day Challenge (the “event”) with the purpose of promoting and obtaining blood donations from donors for charitable purposes.
- Event Description: CBCO will hold the event January 1, 2023, through December 26, 2023, at their donor centers and mobile blood drives.
- Eligibility: Event is intended to encourage and obtain blood donations from persons eligible to make blood donations to CBCO. Contributions are strictly voluntary, and no contribution, donation, purchase, or payment of any kind is necessary to complete an entry form for the drawing for an opportunity to win the prize. Event participants must be 16 years of age or older and present a valid photo ID at the event. If an event participant is under the age of 18, entry must be given or assigned to a parent or legal guardian. Winner(s) are subject to all rules and policies set forth by CBCO to redeem prize won. Employees of CBCO, event partners, sponsors, and their immediate family and household members are excluded from participating in the drawing for event participants.
- How to Enter: The event is limited to January 1, 2023 through December 26, 2023 at participating CBCO donor centers and mobile blood drives. All donors who give blood Jan. 1 – 31, 2023, are eligible to participate in the 56-Day Challenge. To be registered for the event:
- A. Donate at any CBCO mobile blood drive or center Jan 1 – 31
- B. Go to www.cbco.org/56-entry and fill out the registration form by February 28,2023
- C. To be entered in the first drawing for a $1000 gift card, donors must complete steps A and B and then make another donation by April 6, 2023
- D. To be entered in the second drawing for a $2000 gift card, donors must complete steps A, B and C and then make another donation by June 10,2023
- E. To be entered in the third drawing for a $3000 gift card, donors must complete steps A, B, C and D and then make another donation by August 14, 2023
- F. To be entered in the fourth drawing for a $4000 gift card, donors must complete steps A, B, C, D and E and then make another donation by October 18, 2023
- G. To be entered in the fifth, and final, drawing, donors must complete steps A, B, C, D, E and F and then make another donation by December 26, 2023
- H. Eligible participants who successfully complete a double red cell donation, or any other apheresis procedure which prohibits them from donating by a subsequent challenge deadline, will be automatically entered into that deadline’s drawing due to the extended, 112-day deferral period associated with the double red cell donation. (Ex: A person who has donated in January, fills out the registration form by February 28 and completes a double red cell donation on March 3 would automatically be entered into the April 10 and June 12 drawings.)
- I. Winning one gift card drawing does not disqualify a participant from winning another gift card later in the promotion, so long as all other qualifications are met
- J. While event participants are encouraged to make blood donations, any person may participate in the event by making a single entry into the drawing for the opportunity to win the prize using a drawing slip available at participating donation locations.
- Prize Drawing(s): The drawings will take place on:
- Drawing 1 – Monday, April 10, 2023
- Drawing 2 – Monday, June 12, 2023
- Drawing 3 – Tuesday, August 15, 2023
- Drawing 4 – Thursday, October 19, 2023
- Drawing 5 – Tuesday, January 2, 2023
Two separate attempts will be made to contact a winner. If contact with the winner cannot be established, an official with CBCO will randomly draw another number or name from the database of all finalists to determine the winner. Grand prize finalist selection and identification of winner by CBCO will be final.
- Prize: There will be one (1) winner of a $1,000 VISA gift card, one winner of a $2,000 VISA gift card, one winner of a $3,000 VISA gift card, one winner of a $4,000 VISA gift card and one winner of a $5,000 VISA gift card. This prize is non-transferable and non-assignable.
- Taxes: No cash equivalent prizes will be provided in lieu of the designated prize. Any and all taxes, charges, and other fees, including but not limited to any income taxes payable, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Release of Liability: By participating in the event, event participants release CBCO, Adam Swenka Team at Flat Branch Home Loans, The Giving Branch and Nexstar Media and their respective directors, officers, agents, representatives, members, employees, affiliates, subsidiaries and parent companies, insurers, attorneys, sponsors, participating charities, and other related entities from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, and losses or damages of any kind arising out of or relating in any way to the event, participation in the event, determinations of eligibility, interpretations of these rules, award of the prize, delivery of the prize, and condition of the prize.
- Promotion: By participating in the event, the event participant who wins a prize consents to the use of his/her name, identity, photograph, image and likeness in any materials, announcements or communications relating to the event, whether in print, online, or in any other media form. Additionally, the event participant who wins the prize consents to the use of his/her name, identity, photograph, image, and likeness in marketing, promotional, or other materials and communications without additional compensation.
- Odds: The chances of winning the prize will depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the drawing.
- Law: The event is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited by law.
- Decisions: CBCO will supervise and oversee the event, blood donations, entries into the drawing, drawing of the winner, and any and all interpretations of these rules. All drawings will be made under the supervision of an official of CBCO. Event participants agree to abide by the terms of these official rules and regulations and by the decisions of CBCO, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Event.
- Rescheduling: CBCO reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to postpone, delay, or reschedule the event for any reason, including inclement weather, acts of God, or other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of CBCO.