Full-time – Springfield based.
This position is accountable for planning, development and the promotion of blood recruitment activities within an assigned area: Develops a strategic plan for meeting collection goals in an assigned territory: Acts as a liason between the Community Blood Center of the Ozarks (CBCO) and donor groups: Responsible for the development and maintenance of contact with blood drive coordinators and account leadership to ensure strong relationships: The development of successful blood drive programs.
- Four-year bachelor’s degree and/or 3 years equivalent experience in event planning, public relations, or recruitment preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a clean driving record.
- Experience in public speaking required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to think strategically about promoting the missions and its issues.
- Must have excellent organizational and critical thinking skills and ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities and projects.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and follow through.
- Knowledge of blood banking and previous non-profit, health related experience preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to recruit, support and guide volunteers at their convenience
Must be able to see and read from a computer screen.
Must be able to operate a motor vehicle.
Must be able to communicate clearly and articulately orally and in writing.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds on occasion.
Must be able to stand for 2 hours at a time up to 5 times per shift.