Prepares blood products that meet the safety, purity and potency requirements of FDA and AABB.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enters configuration of each unit of blood into the computer.
- Prepares the following products routinely according to Component laboratory SOP: red blood cells, platelets, plasma and cryoprecipitate.
- Performs all quality control and preventive maintenance as required by SOP.
- Prepares recovered plasma for shipment.
- Prepares filtered red cells.
- Operates and performs QC on sterile connection device.
- Performs computer assisted labeling of blood products.
- Provides excellent customer service, cultivating positive working relationships with all staff, volunteers and external customers.
- Exhibits safety, accuracy, respectfulness and efficiencies within specific job tasks.
- Assists with special projects as assigned
- Requires regular standing, reaching and bending to obtain supplies.
- Requires light lifting.
- Requires manual dexterity and color and visual acuity.
- High school education.
- Effective verbal communication skills.